Tuesday, February 21, 2017

DOCTOR STRANGE #17 – State of Misery

DOCTOR STRANGE #17 – State of Misery

 
Published February 15, 2017 by Marvel Comics. Written by Jason Aaron and illustrated by Frazer Irving.
Back at the sanctum santorum of the good doctor is playing mediator to two factions and diverts a conflict but while this issue is resolved he and Zelma continue trying to find Wong and Misery. While they look magic is slowly returning to the world.
Wong and Misery debate whether Misery can defeat Doctor Strange and Misery is convinced he can undo the Doctor’s past work.
Stephen takes the search to his drinking magical buddies on a motorcycle. However, it’s not magic users that may provide help in locating Wong but Man-Thing. That is after Stephen rids the Man-Thing of Nazi Ninja Vampires for which he gives the doctor some algae.
Misery begins the reworking of Dr. Strange’s past work in neurosurgery and when Stephen finally catches up to Misery’s gruesome handy work and he brings a new player to assist  with the work to be done.
Besides the fantasy and magic to these stories I really enjoy the underlying humor. Or at least it’s funny to me! What’s Misery’s angle? Why can’t he just get along with Doctor Strange? My comic reading is lot like my own life in that I really don’t know too much as to what’s going on outside my own story and so I only catch glimpse and peeks about other stories so when a popular character arrives I really don’t know what’s going on in their world and I’ll just let the story happen and enjoy! There are two characters with one possibly taking a leading role in the next issue.  The story is yet another bizarre odyssey through the multiverse and the restoration of magic to the world…


No comments: